The day before NAPLEX
Here are few tips that our members have provided us with to make sure you pass the NAPLEX first time:
- Keep calm, carry on - do not worry about the exam if you are a US graduate you have at least an 84% chance of passing on your first attempt. If you are a foreign graduate it is a lot less so make sure you are prepared.
- Use flash cards - make sure you have your flashcards handy so that you can refresh your knowledge when needed. Our online course have bespoke recommendations for NAPLEX flash cards to help you along.
- Get to sleep early - make sure you get enough sleep, but don't go too early otherwise you will be tossing and turning.
- Take regular breaks - intensively studying non-stop has been shown to actually decrease NAPLEX exam performance. The best way is to do bite-size revisions sessions, stop for 10 minutes and then carry on, remember you are not a machine!
- Use flow charts - it would be difficult to review all the information needed for the exam in one go. If you use flow charts, you can quickly access a generalised summary of the key topics you need to know, without over burdening yourself.
- Prepare to feel unprepared - people who take standardized tests often feel remorse and regret during the last few days before the test: "Why didn't I study more?" "I don't think I'm ready ... maybe I should postpone." Don't fall into this trap. Instead, remind yourself that you're a capable candidate who performed well during pharmacy school. Your improved confidence will raise your score.
Last modified: Friday, 3 March 2017, 5:09 AM